Wi-Fi Super Module based on RN131 with RS485 interface
**As an alternative to the RN125, we recommend the RN131 Wi-Fi module.**
The RN125 is a standalone, embedded wireless LAN/WAN access device. It has the complete feature set of the RN-131, including ad hoc networking and 802.11 b/g support in a through hole package. Because of its small form factor and extremely low power consumption, the RN125 is perfect for mobile wireless applications such as asset monitoring, GPS tracking, and portable devices.
The hardware requires only four connections (PWR, TX, RX, GND) to create a simple wireless data connection. Additionally, continuously sampled analog inputs transmit audio, temperature, motion, or acceleration data without requiring additional hardware in your end application.
The straightforward ASCII command set simplifies development by managing TCP/IP stack and providing network functionality such as UDP, ping, telnet and ftp. Once the module is set up it can automatically associate and authenticate with a network, making your device accessible worldwide.
- Hardware interface: RS485 with auto direction control and onboard line termination resistors
- Supports Adhoc and infrastructure networking modes
- User programmable GPIO & ADCs
- Real-time clock for time-stamping, auto-sleep, and auto-wakeup modes
- Runs directly from batteries (onboard battery boost circuit) or regulated power supply
- Configuration over serial or wireless interface using simple ASCII commands
- Over the air firmware upgrade
- Secure Wi-Fi authentication schemes (WEP / WPA / WPA2)
- Full onboard TCP/IP stack (no external drivers required)
- Industrial controllers
- Remote equipment monitoring
- Asset tracking and telemetry
- Wireless audio
- Industrial sensors and controls
- Home automation
- Medical devices